For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen,
cannot love God, whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20)
Our committee’s mission is to create an environment that reinforces a sense of community for members and visitors alike. We create a welcoming social environment to allow the congregation to get to know each other better as well as stay connected with members they already know. We do this by creating fellowship and participation opportunities for all ages. We believe the church experience should extend beyond the worship service.
Key Statistics in 2015
Coordinator: Maureen Albrethsen
Coordinator Maureen is helped by many dedicated members of the congregation who lead and assist during special events and activities.
Major Activities, Events, or Accomplishments in 2015:
- Weekly Coffee Hours after Sunday Services
- Annual Meeting Lunch & Refreshments
- Easter Sunday Brunch and Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
- Mother’s Day Special Coffee Hour and Flower Give Away
- Rev. Anne’s Farewell Reception
- Welcoming Coffee Hours for Trevor, Christian, and Kevin
- Potluck Picnic and Baseball Game at the Frederick Keys Stadium
- Parish Picnic & Service at Algonkian Park.Baccalaureate Dinner for High School and College Graduates & Families
- Back to Church Sunday Potluck Dinner
- Oktoberfest and Fall Fest on Front Lawn
- Saint Matthew’s Day Picnic.Bishop’s Confirmation Reception
- Veteran’s Day Celebration Service and Reception (First Ever!!)
- Funeral Receptions
- Newcomers Luncheon
Goals and Objectives for 2016
- Saturday evening service social hour
- Community events to engage both Saturday and Sunday service attendees
- Recruit more leaders to both help with and lead events
- Community Events to engage both the long time parishioners and newcomers
I would like to thank the dozens of volunteers who have given hundreds of hours of their time and talents this past year to the St. Matthew’s Family. Without these volunteers, none of these events would happen. I would encourage each and every one of you to donate your time for at least one event in this new year.
If you are interested in helping out with Youth Leadership, please reach out to Heidi Lathrop. We could really use your help!