Exciting Upcoming Events
Conclusion of Capital Campaign
Our building campaign, Making Space to Share, is drawing to a close in three weeks! Three years ago we stepped out in faith and heard the calling to extend the parish hall, add handicap accessible bathrooms,design choir practice space, and create a new kitchen. We don’t worship buildings; we worship the Lord, by offering space to grow our ministries. Ministries are now growing and for every dollar that pays down the debt, funds become available for ministry work. Please prayerfully consider, “Lord, what would you have me do?” when this commitment draws to an end on June 2. A special luncheon will be held in thanksgiving of your gifts on June 9, at 11:45 am. Save the date!
Service at Algonkian Park
On May 26th, only the 8am service will meetat the church. The other services willcombine in Shelter One at Algonkian Park at11:00am. Lunch and lots of fun familyactivities afterward!We’ll provide the hamburgers and hotdogs.
Please bring items to share by last name:
A-G: Beverages & Ice
H-R: Sides & Salads
We need help with setup, grilling, games, &cleanup. Setup & decorating will begin at9am. Grillers need to arrive by 10am. Pleasecontact Heidi Lathrop to let her know howyou can help!
Vacation Bible School 2013
Join us at St. Matthews July 15-19, 5:30-8:30pm for fun and games that empowers kids to stand strong! Dinner Included! Costs are $40 per individual and $35 for each additional sibling. Three year olds must be accompanied by an adult and must be potty trained. Register here.
Save the Date
Check out these important upcoming events:
- May 26th - Algonkian Park Picnic
- June 1st - Walk through the Bible Class
- June 2nd – Conclusion of Capital Campaign and Special Offering
- June 2nd – Baccalaureate Dinner
- June 9th – Celebration of Capital Campaign Results
- June 24-28 – Mission Possible
- June 30 - Margaret's Welcome and Mission Trip Sunday
- July 15-19 – Vacation Bible School
- July 27th – Teaching Youth About Money
New Outreach Blog
Want the latest updates on our Outreach projects? Follow our new blog at stmatthewsoutreach.blogspot.com Be sure to sign up for email updates.
The Vision of Saint Matthew's
To live life at its fullest in Christ.
The Mission of Saint Matthew's
To know and share God's love through the following actions:
- Do all in our power, and then some, to foster, nourish, and sustain authentic, living relationships with God in Christ
- Build a community devoted to becoming one human family in pursuit of God's dream for us
- Promote personal growth so that, with God's leading, help, and grace, we will more fully realize our God given potential and purpose
- Embrace the highest standards, as individuals, families, and a church, of love, dedication, honesty, integrity, and service
Last Updated on 5/16/2013 6:33:14 PM